Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    KING OF THE CHOIR Member deathraider's Avatar

Dude, I've edited my O Nata Lux for hours upon hours, and I still change something little every time I open the .mus file...

Performance by USU Chamber Singers: O Nata Lux
    Recording by members of the U of Utah Singers: Breath Eternal
    Performance by USU Chamber Singers:Gaudete omnes
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrmcdoodles

This song was "done" 2 weeks ago. I finally thought i got everything but now...sigh time to polish it more.

Transcriber Extraordinar Moderator PorscheGTIII's Avatar

Haha. It always happens like that. You call a finished piece finished and then when you listen to it after letting it sit for a while you want to make changes to it.

Nice job BTW. Very nice orchestration. I only wish the volume was louder. I can barely hear it (maybe its just my PC)!
    CLICK ME!

Check out my transcribing status and future transcribing projects HERE!

M: BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE LOLICON!

I realize that problem with my program. I have no idea why. My best suggestion is to listen with headsets. It works very well for me. The only time I can hear it without my headset is when I just woke up or after stayed in a silent room for about like an hour

Spoiled Rotten: Background music

Recent project I've been working for. Spoiled Rotten is an anime my friend is making. The following are just some background music I've wrote for it...more to come

Ragtime is also a part of this.
    Attached Files

New full orchestra BGM, started today. Here is the intro, tell me what you think?

The bass sustains an f pedal which I plan to keep for the entire song but its not always audible. It works well for some parts but other times when I want it to come out, it remains hidden. I tried tweaking with the dynamics but still didn't work. If this was played by real people, would this be the case too or is it just cause my speakers can handle the channels?
    Attached Files

This is the opening theme to SR. I wanted an electric guitar but noteworthy's electric guitar is too horrible sounding for me to bear so I left it out. Enjoy:lol

Edit: The lyrics are not set yet but the synth voice line is the singer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KaitouKudou; April 9th, 2009 at 08:30 pm.

In the drums, add straight 8th notes on the hi-hat. That's definitely he secret to a good drum pattern. I loved it when it came in mid-way through! Although, then, the melody came a little un-clear; might want to clean the strings and the voice up a little bit (the leveling)!

Overall, I love it! Quite nice, looking to hear some changes and it's all distinguishable.

Milchh's Transcription & Arrangement Request Thread!

Repertoire
    Bach: Prelude and Fugue in Bb minor, WTK Bk. II
    Schubert: Piano Sonata in A minor, D. 845 Op. 42
    Satie: Desiccated Embryos
    Debussy: Étude No. 1, 'pour les cinq doigts' L. 136
    Prokofiev: Piano Sonata No. 7 in Bb Major, Op. 83
    Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 1 in F# minor, Op. 1

I know what you mean. Once I finish it and recorded it, I will resubmit. I like the hi-hat idea, I will certainly give it a try. I'm sure if I made a second verse on it, it would make for a very nice contrasting pattern as well. Anime intro music is generally confined to 1:30 so that makes the entire development of the song feel rushed too.

Thanks for the comment, I thought people didn't like me anymore or something

SR BGM: Times of Boredom

The title speaks for itself The song is made so that it is able to loop and allow for tempo adjustments to match the length of the scene.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KaitouKudou; April 11th, 2009 at 07:09 pm.

Mi yau myamyam Moderator Nyu001's Avatar

Yup, the title does tell it very well. And I like it, nice recreation. Pizzicatos always seem to recreate very well a scene where people are just bored. The song is quite nice also, I liked the style. The only thing that bug me is the volume... Get it in audacity and increase the volumes!

Oh, if you will make a loop of it, I recommend .Ogg format. When it goes back to the beginning of a piece or song it makes a smooth loop in contrast of a mp3 format; most of the times shows the gasp.
    When you dare, you go further, experience new things and learn.

Thanks, here is the louder version of the song. I was actually planning to just cut and copy the required parts of the music against the video, in which case, I think mp3 still works fine, but thanks for the tip. I will check it out.
    Attached Files

KING OF THE CHOIR Member deathraider's Avatar

I like it a lot! I think it might sound good with a bit extra reverb, but besides that, I really like the quirky melody, and the mental image that the music brings of someone sitting alone at home on a summer day bored out of their mind.

Performance by USU Chamber Singers: O Nata Lux
    Recording by members of the U of Utah Singers: Breath Eternal
    Performance by USU Chamber Singers:Gaudete omnes
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrmcdoodles

yup thats pretty much my mental image when I wrote it too.

I've added hi-hat to this based on your recommendation Mazeppa and I really like it so I think this is the final instrumental version for the song. I still dun like how I can't get a realistic electric guitar sample to replace the string line but gotta made due with what i got.

The song's range is D-highG and meant to be sung by a guy in Japanese. I still need to think of lyrics but I'm sure it'll come to me.
    Attached Files

Thread Information