Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Believe and achieve. :] Member ajamesu's Avatar

Ugh, midi does not do this song justice, it makes it sound like some corny karaoke song, no offense.

I would actually like to hear the solo piano version with the voice sometime, it would allow for more expression, I would think. You really have a knack for writing these types of songs, I remember a while ago, you wrote Xiang Si--man, that melody was stuck in my head for quite some time! Your use of strings is nice and standard, like those runs and rhythmic parts.

Maybe ~1:15 and ~2:37, you could take out the lowermost third, it makes it sound unnecessarily chunky and unstable. It might be a matter of taste. Then again, it could be the midi screwing up the sound, lol. (It's the part where the bass has an F# and the piano has an A at the start of a chorus.) I'd just stick with a D. Same would go for ~1:24, I'd have the bass playing the roots of the chords instead of the fifths.

During the electric guitar solo, when the drum set comes in, I'd have the bass come in as well to fill in the void.

Again, personal taste, but the closing acoustic guitar solo seems empty; maybe have it play some harmonies?

Like I mentioned earlier, this could be due to the midi sounds, so if you feel something would sound better your way, go for it.

Nice melody, it's already stuck in my head, haha. Good job, KK.

A lonely soul . . . an ocean soul . . .

I love your use of the the drum set, and I'm diggin' the patterns; it's great! I just wanted to point that out, since I'm finally following my child-hood dream by learning to play the drums-- I may be the one composer, or what-have-you, who LOVES percussion but really isn't his forte (keyboard section is ).

Blah, blah, I'm getting off track. This song is great! Definitely showcases the simplicity and the followable-ness of a song, which is such a compliment. I wish you had an "actual" recording of this, because then you'd be able to follow the lyrics better and you could also feel more of the song, which is that ever-growing problem with midi as you know.

This is great. You're great. Keep making me proud, KK.

Milchh's Transcription & Arrangement Request Thread!

Repertoire
    Bach: Prelude and Fugue in Bb minor, WTK Bk. II
    Schubert: Piano Sonata in A minor, D. 845 Op. 42
    Satie: Desiccated Embryos
    Debussy: Étude No. 1, 'pour les cinq doigts' L. 136
    Prokofiev: Piano Sonata No. 7 in Bb Major, Op. 83
    Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 1 in F# minor, Op. 1

My most recent orchestral piece. I've finished the intro but I think I made the second half a bit too thick. Here's what I have so far though. Comments, crits, its all good but I'd prefer no flaming
    Attached Files

Transcriber Extraordinar Moderator PorscheGTIII's Avatar

I love it! Can't wait to here this finished!
    CLICK ME!

Check out my transcribing status and future transcribing projects HERE!

M: BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE LOLICON!

Here is the piano version of FKS. The final chord is arppegiated down like in the instrumental but that would require making the score look messy so I decided not to.
    Attached Files

Hello, my second attempt at an atonal piece. The entire piece have only 2 pitch class sets which I tried inverting, transposing, and stacking. I think it turned out ok and it sounds atonal enough to me lol Enjoy
    Attached Files

Transcriber Extraordinar Moderator PorscheGTIII's Avatar

It does have a neat menacing feel to it. That violin lick at 0:40 sounded pretty cool. I think if you were to take this one farther, you need to add more instruments from the orchestra to create more textures. Especially some brass instruments. You could get a little call and response going then.
    CLICK ME!

Check out my transcribing status and future transcribing projects HERE!

M: BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE LOLICON!

My friends think it sounds like a dungeon theme at the start. You have no idea how much I would want to but I just don't have the physical ability to start on another orchestral piece.

been busy with Noir's competition piece but just a short little tune. Criteria was to use chords beyond 7th.
    Attached Files

Trying new things. Ragtime attempt 1. Just having fun during breaks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KaitouKudou; March 18th, 2009 at 09:18 pm.

Mi yau myamyam Moderator Nyu001's Avatar

Ragtime! This is extremely short but feels complete and satisfactory, lol. I liked the short second section (Without count the intro). I love ragtimes. It's fun to listen, to play and to compose!
    When you dare, you go further, experience new things and learn.

Ragtimes are awesome. I've love to hear a longer version of this.

2009, Noir's composition contest:

Title: New Beginning
    Sub Title: Enchanted Prelude

Description:

New Beginning:

The beginning of the song brings the audience to picture the beginning of a great adventure, with a light and carefree mood. As the travelers approach the unknown, an increasing tone of excitement climaxes into a flash of light. The travelers are now transported into the world of fantasy, silent in awe.

The travelers cautiously look around in this mysterious world, and start to notice the beautiful and magical surroundings. Here, there, and everywhere, there are countless discoveries! The curious travelers wander around in wonder, exploring this world of fantasy. With a new found energy, the travelers reminisce about the wonders that they have seen, and then depart from this world, back to reality.

Composer Note: The title represents my personal wishes for the listener to feel as though they had just been rejuvenated after listening to the piece. As though they had just been given a new beginning and anything is possible. The title also shows my own commitment as a composer to explore more areas and genres in music.
    Attached Files

KING OF THE CHOIR Member deathraider's Avatar

At :50 you have a stray note that doesn't fit in the chord. I really like the section right in the middle. 3:17-3:25, the transition isn't very driving; it doesn't really lead to the place where you went with it, if that makes sense.

Performance by USU Chamber Singers: O Nata Lux
    Recording by members of the U of Utah Singers: Breath Eternal
    Performance by USU Chamber Singers:Gaudete omnes
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mrmcdoodles

Dear lord, I missed a damn # in first horn at :50....edited god knows how long and I still missed something...

Thread Information