Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Ander's Drawing Journal

hello. i'm ander. i have been drawing for awhile. i think i have established my drawing style. well... at least when it comes to characters' faces. i hope you like them and maybe you can help me get better.

i am a college student (i'm no freshmen, i'll tell you that) and i do have a long break sometimes within each classes. i was supposed to draw a lioness with a zebra patterned dress... but i didn't have a reliable pic of a zebra, you see... all i had was my memory. so... i decided to say it is for the year of the tiger, which happens to be mine.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ander; February 9th, 2010 at 06:47 pm.

I Believe Truth Loves to Lie.

i like your style and your sig =)

http://mooochy.deviantart.com/ <- choobifi yourself

Mi yau myamyam Moderator Nyu001's Avatar

That really is a very small eyebrow. Be careful with the eyes when drawing from that angle. The left eye which is at the right in the image looks like is from a front view. And the head looks too squared.
    When you dare, you go further, experience new things and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyu001 View Post
    That really is a very small eyebrow. Be careful with the eyes when drawing from that angle. The left eye which is at the right in the image looks like is from a front view. And the head looks too squared.
    well.... i meant to make her eyebrow that size... i figured lioness is not even supposed to have eyebrows.

thanks for liking and commenting on my piece. i don't really do digital art, but i do little bit of touch up with the 'paint'.
    thanks for the welcome guys!

Ichigos Sand Bag Member HopelessComposer's Avatar
    THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! YEAAAAH!!!

Actually, the eyebrows match the character, and they eye is almost totally fine, in my opinion. Some of the better anime I've seen on here...
    Welcome to the forums, Ander!

Transcriber Extraordinar Moderator PorscheGTIII's Avatar

Hey that's some nice stuff! Do you do any digital artwork?
    CLICK ME!

Check out my transcribing status and future transcribing projects HERE!

M: BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE LOLICON!

Future Artist...Hopefully Member RainingSilver64's Avatar

Nice! Did you do that in pen?

i drew it with a pencil first... and then simply go over it with a pen.
    I'm still a amateur body drawer... but i think this one came out to be quite alright.
    Attached Images

The body came out nicely. The only problem is the neck. It's a bit too far in. Lolz, it almost looks like her head is floating .

Quote Originally Posted by RainingSilver64 View Post
    The body came out nicely. The only problem is the neck. It's a bit too far in. Lolz, it almost looks like her head is floating .
    now that you have mentioned it... i guess so, huh. thanks.

Hey!
    You have done a very good job. Ander your start is in a right direction, you will be a good sketcher. Keep doing good work with new ideas..........
    ADVERTISEMENTS REMOVED

Default There's that Bitchass One Winged Angel!

Thanks everyone for the comments. this new one might strike you guys as something familiar. Long story short... these are the characters I, personally, used to defeat sephiroth, the one winged angel.

It started out with just tifa... then yuffie... then cloud. i didn't look at any of the pictures so this is all from my memory. However, I can tell you right now that i have drawn these characters before. Yuffie was hard though.
    Attached Images

Lolz, it's cool. I usually can't draw random action scenes like that(is it from a manga?)

The girl seems a bit out of proportion(mostly her upper body)...idk, her chest seems too big, something is weird about her arm(can't put my finger on it), and I feel like I should be able to see her other shoulder and or arm(or at least part of it)...but that might just be me.

The boy too the far right(or is that a girl? I see a chest...)...his/her facial expression seems a bit awkward. I can't tell if he/she is supposed to be smiling or confused.

And I have no clue where the sword is coming from(what kind of sword is that?) but it looks awesome.

I like the guy in the back the best. Lolz.

yeah... the girl's body is weird. i wasn't quite sure where this drawing was going... but having only one girl was kinda boring. hence i neglected the whole perspective thing. i'm not the greatest with body... but as for the facial expression... i meant to have that expression. if you don't know how she is feeling... then it might be because you never had a reason to have that feeling. and as i mentioned, this is all from memories...

this is one of my characters i came to be fond of. i'm supposed to draw a shark under her foot but... im rather too lazy to look up a pic of shark and draw it so... i decided to just procrastinate on that. her name is Deci by the way.
    Attached Images

Thread Information