Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yeah I'm usually always doing faces, but know I'm trying to broaden my horizon by drawing more of the body.
    Last edited by AnimeArt642; January 9th, 2012 at 09:50 pm.

Here's Hei from Darker than Black!I know these are my originals, but I don't feel like making another thread so we can just call it my drawings. lol

Hei the Black Reaper!
    Attached Images

you know what.... I kinda dig your shading. something about it creates a bit of depth in your drawing. and i'm not sure but i think the hair does the same thing your shading does... create depth. I like the one without the mask better cause... well it's got depth.

I Believe Truth Loves to Lie.

Thanks it means alot!!

I agree with you I didn't get as detailed with the second as I did the first, and I also don't really like the second mainly because the lines are sloppy. lol But both of these were intended to be reference drawings for a bigger drawing that I'm going to do of both of them, but I liked the first one too much for it just to be a reference drawing so I fixed the second one up and I kept them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    you know what.... I kinda dig your shading. something about it creates a bit of depth in your drawing. and i'm not sure but i think the hair does the same thing your shading does... create depth. I like the one without the mask better cause... well it's got depth.
    What shading? I spot two dark areas in his last 2 drawings; the eyes in one drawing that don't count, and the house and bottom lip.

Try more original work too btw, you aren't bad and copy art is meaningless unless full of technique
    blah blah blar

There wasn't supposed to be any kind of shading because I kinda go overboard sometimes and I wanted to make something without any shading to see how it would come out.

As for my art not being original I understand I kinda suck at drawing original pieces so I practice with different manga/anime art styles to learn more about it.

Nice! I really love Hei and the way you draw him. Good job and I was just like you before, lol. When you kinda try to mimic other drawings and "copy" them, you learn the many techniques they use to draw the eyes, etc.

Thank you!!!Copying helps alot

Here's some of the drawings that I've done lately! The last one's just a doodle.
    Attached Images

Here is my latest work!!

This is Kinoshita Hideyoshi from Baka and Test. He is a guy lol
    Attached Images

These are my originals!!!!
    Attached Images

seems like your style is changing a bit. I like he first one the best. I still think the bodies of your drawings are still too small compare to their eyes . o O (I think) Who am I kidding... I know they are. Especially the third one. Her head is waiiiiy to big. The second one is okay but her body is still too small. The first one can be passed as a young kid so I think that body size is appropriate. I'm also noticing some of your line work. It's getting a whole lot cleaner. If I remember correctly it wasn't always this clean, was it? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I Believe Truth Loves to Lie.

I like the way you added the wrinkles to the clothings (as I always have trouble with that) and the shadings~ I especially like the first one.

I know my heads have been way to big lately lol And my lines have gotten alot cleaner I've been using a mechanical pencil lately and I usually use an H pencil.

Thanks animefans that was mainly what I was practicing in these originals.

Thread Information