Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Milchh's Transcription & Arrangement Request Thread [Anime, Games and More!]

NOT TAKING REQUESTS FOR AN INDEFINITE AMOUNT OF TIME -- HOWEVER -- ITS POSSIBLE I WILL MAKE A COME BACK IN JUNE 2012.

--- MILCHH'S TRANSCRIPTION & ARRANGEMENT REQUEST THREAD! ---

Hello and welcome to my transcription thread! Please take only but a moment of your time to read through this first post before you request anything in this thread.

Some basic rules and notes to consider:

1. I take requests ranging from any style of music; including (but not limited to) Anime, Game music and more.

2a. I make transcriptions and arrangements for any instrument.
    2b. It should be noted that my principal instrument is the Piano however I have knowledge of many different instruments as well.

3. I am a student at a music conservatory; I promise you that your request will be of the highest quality possible so long as you're able to be patient for me to fulfill your request (after-all, this is a free-service!)

4. I will be giving you a finished score in the form of a .pdf file. If you have a special request for another file type, please specify.

5. I don't care much what you do with your fulfilled request, however, let it be noted that the score should always have my name attached to it, and that full credit goes to me in regards to the transcription/arrangement.

6. I do not require an attached MIDI/MP3/etc. in order to fulfill a request, however, it should be noted if you give me a recording (MIDI/MP3/etc.), the quality of your request will be much higher, as it will meet closer to your liking.

(Don't worry! We're almost done!)

Please refer to this template when posting your request (copy and paste):

Title (of Game/Anime/etc):
    Title (of music/request):
    Instrument:
    MIDI/MP3/etc:

*Please make sure you tell me, in your post, any other details you are requesting; such as if you're looking for an exact transcription or an arrangement of a piece!

**You can either attach/link a downloadable file of your request, or send me a [Youtube] link for me to refer back to. If you do not originally send me a link/file of the request being made, I will most likely contact you via Personal Message on Ichigo's Forum (here) regarding this matter.

***Make sure you refer to this thread regarding copyrighted MP3s (and other audio sources/formats/etc)!

Previously Fulfilled Requests:

Sonzai To Mu (Soukyuu no Fafner) --- SonzaiToMu.pdf (Finished 2/7)

Currently Working On:

Krone (Guilty Crown) for hinamuffin (2/7)
    In Uthenera/ Leliana's Song (Dragon Age: Origins) for MabiJaele (2/7)
    Arriety's Song (The Secret World of Arriety/ The Borrower Arriety) for HollowSunsets (2/7)
    Tears of a Witch (Granado Espada: Sword of the New World) for Evangelz (2/8)
    星屑ユートピア [Fantasie-Piano remix] (???) for aethynyc PENDING (2/12)
    Yui Hajime no Yasashisa (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls) for hahahahaha PENDING (2/12)
    Brave Song (Angel Beats!) for mlmxsg PENDING (2/12)

Last Updated: 2/12/2012
    Last edited by Milchh; March 30th, 2012 at 05:50 pm.

Milchh's Transcription & Arrangement Request Thread!

Repertoire
    Bach: Prelude and Fugue in Bb minor, WTK Bk. II
    Schubert: Piano Sonata in A minor, D. 845 Op. 42
    Satie: Desiccated Embryos
    Debussy: Étude No. 1, 'pour les cinq doigts' L. 136
    Prokofiev: Piano Sonata No. 7 in Bb Major, Op. 83
    Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 1 in F# minor, Op. 1

Hi!

I have been looking for someone to do an exact transcription of the piano solo piece "sonzai to mu" from the anime "soukyuu no Fafner".

A youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAhlXEhEPfg

I can send you an mp3 if that's more convenient.

I have myself made an attempt at transcribing it, but far from being able to finish it. Here is a midi with some bits transcribed: http://sperion.web.fc2.com/incomplete/sonzaitomu.mid (The transcribed bits are not continuous, fitted with a lot of placeholder bars.) It is very incomplete and there are mistakes in the transcribed bits, but I post it here in case it helps a tiny bit.

Title (of Game/Anime/etc): soukyuu no Fafner
    Title (of music/request): sonzai to mu
    Instrument: piano - exact transcription
    MIDI/MP3/etc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAhlXEhEPfg

I would be grateful if you could let me know whether you would be interested in transcribing it.
    Last edited by sperion; February 4th, 2012 at 08:42 pm.
    スペリオンの空 -Sperion no sora-
    http://sperion.web.fc2.com/
    J-Pop, J-Drama, Anime, Game music transcriptions and arrangements by me. Also some original compositions.

http://www.youtube.com/user/exsperion
    Some demos of transcribed scores and original compositions.

Wow! What a wonderful first request -- this will surely get my gears oiled up again in the transcribing community. I'll start working on your request as soon as possible. However, due to the difficulty of the request, it might take a little while; I hope you're willing to wait at least a week or so!

I will be in contact with you in the nest few days to talk about the progress!

Milchh

Repertoire

Many thanks for the prompt reply! I understand it is a difficult piece, so take your time and do let me know how you get on with it. A week is a very short period of time! (For years, I have been looking for someone who is able to transcribe it...)
    J-Pop, J-Drama, Anime, Game music transcriptions and arrangements by me. Also some original compositions.

Of course! And it may (and most likely will) take more than a week, however I feel like this will provide me with a fun challenge.

Milchh

P.S. I love this piece, by the way!

Repertoire

Glad you like the piece - transcribers on this forum help others for free and should of course take only requests that interest them - and it seems this time I have posted at the right thread. In fact the incomplete midi of my transcription attempt is from a few years ago, so any length of time it takes you will be shorter than my attempt. A fun challenge indeed.

By the way, this piece is composed by one of my favourite (modern Japanese) composers, Saitou Tsuneyoshi (斉藤恒芳). I have transcribed a few pieces by him, but so far this one I am truly stuck on. There is another one by the same composer (but from the anime Xenoglossia) that I have started transcribing a few months ago (and paused due to lack of time): http://sperion.web.fc2.com/score/gomenasobase.mid - only the intro though, it gets more interesting too, but unfortunately it is not well known so I can't find any samples on youtube. I won't ask you for help on this though, I can probably manage if I have time. - Edit: and I had time just now to finish it.
    Last edited by sperion; February 5th, 2012 at 02:28 am.

Hi there! I have a song called Krone from the anime Guilty Crown that I would like to be transcribed, I already started a thread about it, the details are here.
    There already was someone who wanted to transcribe this for me actually, but I would like to see what you mean by 'the highest quality possible'.

Title (of Game/Anime/etc): Guilty Crown
    Title (of music/request): Krone
    Instrument: piano(intermediate level) and violin(average level) - arrangement, but only when it's needed because of the lack of instruments please, I would like to play this as beautiful as the original.
    MIDI/MP3/etc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbO_i6d7gjk

I don't really know how good the violinist plays, if you think it's going to be too hard, just give those parts to the piano.

Thanks!!
    and by the way, if you could also export the sheet to .sib, .xml, or .mus and to a midi it would be great.
    Last edited by hinamuffin; February 5th, 2012 at 05:28 pm.

It really is a beautiful piece of music, and I'm very interested in working on it.

I read your other post regarding giving the transcriber full reign on the product of the outcome; something like this is definitely going to be a challenge just because there's a lot to take into consideration what elements I would like to incorporate. A project like this won't be a quick task (I know you said you'd like some ASAP) however I do have a break from classes this week to get some stuff done (my classes midterms were last week...so my short breaks like this at school work out great for free time).

If you're willing to wait at least a week or so, then I will happily take on your request! I'll do my best to incorporate the violin and piano target as much as possible... Just be careful when you say make the piano part difficult -- it is my primary instrument after all

I use Finale, so I will be giving you a .mus, a .midi and a .pdf when it is all finished!

Repertoire

OMG, THANKS!
    Ofcourse I can wait a week! Please don't rush it because I want it fast, I prefer quality over quantity
    Thanks a lot!

Title (of Game/Anime/etc): Dragon Age: Origins
    Title (of music/request): In Uthenera (also known as Leliana's Song)
    Instrument: Piano
    MIDI/MP3/etc: Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAANKFPchtA
    Piano Arrangement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2016_4zqzUI

I've already requested this in another thread, but I'm interested to see what you can do with it.
    I don't mind at all how long you take transcribing this song. Quality is much more important to me than how quickly you finish.
    I'd just like to request that you finish before April, as I need the piece learned by June.
    The difficulty doesn't matter either, I'm an old hand with the piano myself. c:
    As long as it sounds beautiful, I'll be more than pleased. I actually would like it if it is more difficult. It's more fun to play that way.

Oh, and, by the way, do you think the transcription will sound better with a cello? Because maybe im going to ask a cellist to join me and my friend.
    thanks again and good luck!
    Hinamuffin

EDIT: I already asked the cellist and she wants to join us
    I think it's handy if you make a version with and without cello, just in case she doesn't want to perform with us anymore.
    Also, maybe other people want to use the sheet music too, and there are more people who play violin & piano together than piano, violin and cello, right?
    sorry for the sudden change.
    Last edited by hinamuffin; February 6th, 2012 at 02:37 pm.

I like the songs being requested.

SoznaiToMu.mid

Hey everyone!

I've been hard at work the last couple of nights. I've already put in about eight hours on Sperion's request -- this is the fruit of my labors so far, in MIDI format! I just thought I'd put it up since I have no other transcriptions for everyone else to go off of concerning my skill, etc.

@MabiJaele-- Sounds like a wonderful piece! I look forward to begin working on it soon! Don't worry, it won't be anywhere near as difficult as Sperion's piece

@HollowSunsets-- Agreed! I hope you enjoy my finished products of the pieces of music as well!

Milchh

P.S. I know I spelt the name of the MIDI file wrong, haha!

Repertoire

Thanks so much for your hard work. Amazing work for the fast l.h. runs! I couldn't make out most of them...

A few things I find after briefly listening to your midi.

(Timing according to the recording in the soundtrack.)
    (I didn't compare the intro section.)

0:31
    Insert D just before the last note at the top line in that bar, similar to the following bar.

0:37
    The descending run at around bar 19 has some incorrect (?) and missing notes at the top line.

1:00
    Eb instead of Db in the l.h. chords. [First bar with this l.h. chord pattern. By the way, these chords don't include the bass note at the first beat of the bar.]

1:08
    F, Db instead of Bb, Eb in the l.h. chords. [Third bar with this l.h. chord pattern.]

The few bars following this connecting back to the main melody sounds good!!!

I suck at listening to the low pitched notes, but for middle to high ones I am somewhat confident. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by sperion; February 7th, 2012 at 11:39 am. Reason: typo

Sperion,

Thanks for your input and comments; it helps to have someone else listen to what I've got down as of now. It's been quite the challenge making out what is being played in the left hand. Some of it is "filling in the blanks" becuase I'm able to hear a general rhythm and hear other notes in there as well. I'm sure you can tell I've edited some of the score already to be more "pianistic" without losing the integrity of the piece.

Typically, I try to get everything as close as I can the first time through, and then when I'm all done I go back and make sure everything is just the way I hear it/ want it, etc.

I changed the part at :31 to insert the D -- I must have simply mistakenly forgot to put that in there!

However, as for the rest of your comments, I will have to disagree with you (in the nicest possible way!). I just checked through your comments a second time, this time with my program that can slow down (without changing pitch at all) and stretch note values so I can hear what notes are coming thorough, and everything that I have down is what is being played in the original (at least from the version you gave me from YouTube, which I have been going off of the whole time).

Again, I thank you for your comments -- it's always nice to have someone looking out for me!

Milchh

P.S. I should be done with this request in the next few days, so I can work on the other projects lined up for me this week/end!

Repertoire

Thread Information