Default Hi all! any harpist?

Hi, I`m new here,

my name is Daniele, I`m italian but living in UK, and I joined this website to share my love for anime and videogames music.
    I am currently a beginner harpist and I was curious to know if there is anyone else who is playing the harp here.
    Unfortunately I can`t play many songs with my current harp (which has only 26 strings) but I`m looking forward to get a pedal harp soon and be able to play some anime/vg piano piece

I`m sure I`ll learn a lot from you guys, I`ve seen some videos and most of you are really awesome

I`ll share with you my first videogame piece with my harp

Thank you !

Daniele

p.s. if someone is from Cambridge I`ll be more than welcome to play something together

Hi! I am officially not a harpist yet but will begin to study the Paraguayan harp. If you are not familiar with it, it has 36 strings and in my opinion is the best one . Only problem is not like a classical harp, not having pedals and levers. There are some now though that have levers in order to have sharps and flats. Best of luck!

I'm in love with the harp. Unfortunately, I do not play one ( Maybe one day I'll try it out when I get the chance.
    P.S Wonderful video!

Piano improve/composition Member kentaku_sama's Avatar

Dude harp playing is soo awesome! Tons play guitar and piano but Harp is different I think. I think it'd be fun to learn though it'd be better to have a pedal harp with umm how many strings? Like as many as a piano? Does it have 88 strings? Or like 76 or something. I think if a harp has a good powerful bass end you could make epic rock covers. If you can read harp sheets I can transcribe you some ^^
    Yes, I'm very expieriemental when it comes to music. stringsnkeys.wordpress.com

Yeah with pedal harps you can play more things but they are often used in orchestras for classical music.
    I tried one but I prefer the celtic harp, anyway the pedal one goes from 40 (usually for students) to 47(orchestra) strings; you don`t need 88 string because with the pedals you can change the sharp and the flat for each note.
    I bought a new celtic harp with 36 strings and I`m practicing hard to get used to it and learn new pieces, of course mostly from videogames&anime!

It`s not really good (I`m still a beginner) but you can see and hear my new harp here, I`m playing "An End Once and For All " from the game Mass Effect 3

Hi again,

this time I made a song from the anime Full Metal Alchemist : Solitude

and one from the game Portal 2:

I hope you appreciate this!

Thank you

Daniele

Thread Information