Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Quote Originally Posted by Neko Koneko View Post
    Edit: It's Zero
    And he called me a troll

"No longer will you be looking from outside; you will be living it.
    "Today you will become a part of the Fantasia."

What Macross series/films/OVA's are good anyway? I remember watching Macross Zero and loving it, then I tried to watch Macross 7 and it was the most horrible piece of crap ever

Quote Originally Posted by Neko Koneko View Post
    What Macross series/films/OVA's are good anyway? I remember watching Macross Zero and loving it, then I tried to watch Macross 7 and it was the most horrible piece of crap ever
    Given that criteria, you prolly will only like Macross F. It's their anniversary anime that basically merges all of the best of each of the Macross Series that precede it. The original Macross is decent, but it is heavily dated to the point in which it actually effects you as you watch it. Still the original arc really does set the stage. The others are more like ugly stepchildren when compared to these three.

"No longer will you be looking from outside; you will be living it.
    "Today you will become a part of the Fantasia."

I heard that Macross Plus was pretty good too so I might check it out just to see if it's any good to me... I don't mind old anime, some old anime is still great despite it looking horrible compared to today's stuff

I started a download for Samurai Champloo yesterday, apparently it's okay.

Ichigos Sand Bag Member HopelessComposer's Avatar
    THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! YEAAAAH!!!

I started a download for Samurai Champloo yesterday, apparently it's okay.
    Yeah, only "okay" though, in my opinion. I "meh'd." through the first five episodes or so, and then gave up on it. XP

I moved the discussion between Zero, M and me here: http://forums.ichigos.com/showthread...on-old-members

Let's not clutter up this thread again.

On topic: I've been watching a lot of FMA Brotherhood lately and I *love* it. Must... find... more amazing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    I'd love to say Umineko, but it became crap really quickly, and it feeds off of its own cheesiness.
    Rental Magica is Occult, but it sometimes falls to fanservice, but the five story paths it takes from the books are pretty well done.
    Mnemosyne, while it likes to make the main characters go naked during fighting all the time with and without taste, has some pretty epic moments in action and occult. Think of it as Black Lagoon meets Zombies.
    Darker than Black is also pretty good when it comes to the action, though it likes to delve into the "I wanna be complicated like Evangellion" phase every once in a while.

There's also some of the classic big names like Witch Hunter Robin, Beserk, and mainstream Yuu Yuu Hakusho.

The recent anime with these themes are laced heavily with Moe and Fanservice. For example Madoka Magica is incredibly dark, and occult, but it falls back on to Chibi-Moe in between action sequence.

And I don't know why, but Pandora Hearts also comes to mind when I was writing this up.
    Alright, I'm currently in the process of... acquiring Pandora Hearts, Mnemosyne, Rental Magica, Darker than Black and Madoca Magica.

So much for the... occult stuff I guess. How about some fantasy stuff like Scrapped Princess, Fullmetal Alchemist and Berserk?

I haven't watched the Berserk anime, but the manga....drags. A lot. Darker than Black, I found a bit hard to get into, but it late became quite good. On Pandora Hearts, I'd say that you should read the manga instead of watching the anime. IMO, the anime had too much blur for their art style, and the dark aspect of it is toned down. The manga.... screws with your mind. Not going to tell spoilers, but you might have to read the whole 70+ chapters again to understand it. FMA? LURVE IT. The first anime was...eh for my tastes, mostly because of the ending, but Brotherhood made me shed tears of SHEER JOY. Never have I found a series that combined fantasy, science, philosophy, comedy, action, and drama so well.

Fate/Zero. That is all.

Member Member

I used the list M made here, its very useful.
    avvie - sunakonakahara
    siggie - artosan
    RS Gold
    Diablo 3 GoldCheap WOW Gold
    How are you!I'm new!

Up ph? ch? th?t
    Công ty Cổ phần Đầu tư & Thương mại aK Việt Nam.
    cách âm cách nhiệt

Accel World
    We need Guilty Crown Season 2!
    Please Support this page!: https://www.facebook.com/SwordArtOnlineSAOplayer

Giving up is the easiest thing in the world to do, but to hold it together while everyone expect you to fall apart, now that true strength.

Thread Information