Default Keyboard Piano? o.O

Hey guys, i've been visiting ichigo's for probably close to a year now and never realised you had forums till maybe a week ago (wow, how stupid of me, i know).

I was wondering, is there any free program out there that will let you play piano with your keyboard? (A GOOD one?) I've been wanting to play Piano for some time now. I am a total band geek, I play flute for marching band, Tenor saxophone for jazz band, and Trumpet(weird combination eh?) and i've been wanting to learn piano, after hearing some really beautiful pieces.

I've talked my parents into buying me a decent piano for christmas, and now i'll get back to the point. Is there any GOOD program out there that will allow you to do this untill i can get my piano?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Shantred

EDIT: sorry if this isn't the appropriate section for this
    Last edited by Shantred; October 29th, 2006 at 03:55 pm. Reason: Adding Something

-bump- Could i at least see a "no" for anyone who DOESN'T think there is one?

I think if you want to play piano on a keyboard you'll need pedals connected to it. My 13 year old Roland E-16 is capable of having feet pedals connected to it, so any modern keyboard should be capable too.

Maybe i should have verified. I mean the keyboard you type with. one you can play using the keyboard on your computer

Moderately moderating Member Noir7's Avatar

Get a keyboard with those thick, heavy keys (like on a real piano). And yeah... get pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by Noir7 View Post
    Get a keyboard with those thick, heavy keys (like on a real piano). And yeah... get pedals.
    For the heavy keys you'd need to get an electric piano I think, not a keyboard.

Member Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    He's talking about a computer keyboard,like the one you type with .
    Blades of light shining down from sacred wings giving life where it is scarce,and hope where it is lost.

~Loves Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Light View Post
    He's talking about a computer keyboard,like the one you type with .
    Yes . Do any of you know about anything like this?

I wouldn't recommend playing piano on a "keyboard", just get a real one
    Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. - Immanuel Kant
    >Your escape to reality<

I agree. You can't learn piano on a computer keyboard. Why? It's not the correct layout, and no pedals. Wait till you get a real piano.

Member Member

to play on school thats why!

Erm... what?

Moderately moderating Member Noir7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    No, I meant a MIDI keyboard. It's basically a keyboard, but with MUCH LESS functions. It often has heavy keys like a real piano, and is connected to a computer via a Firewire/USB cable. Think of how a small studio is built. There's a computer, a computer-keyboard, and on top of that (usually right infront of the monitor) there's a small MIDI-keyboard.

Movie/Anime/VGM composers use these to get the exact feel of a piano to use in their computer generated scores.

Thread Information