Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Violinists

I was never in my High School Orchestra. What's Hollister???
    When I was in high school I was in the Sakura Quartet but I quit when I got into college because I tried out for the Iwakuni Orchestra and i made 2nd First Violin. When the Concertmaster passed away I was appointed 1st Concert Mistress but I still don't think I deserved it because I think it was because nobody tried out for violin that season.I;m trying out for the Berlin Phil next season. Aggghhh my life is so crazy!

The 2006 Winter Concert. I'll Never Forget It. The London Orchestra visited our univ. I'm the short person in the middle holding a violin. My friend is the even shorter person to the right holding the viola. Best Night of my Life!

future opwenac Member aznanimedude's Avatar

lol ame, hollister is a brand of clothing in america...but goo ame get into the phil orch WOOOO
    too cool for a sig
    or more like my sig doesn't follow forum rules D:

<Gekkeiju> Azn can be my boyfriend if he likes.

no i didn't post

NICE! getting into Berlin Symphony orchestra would be awesome. I want to go to Cleveland though. It's the best one in America. I dislike how there is really no one to challenge where i live except for my friend. When you are at the top, nobody here really tries to beat you.
    "Don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will be rewarded." (Eureka SeveN)
    "If you don't believe in anything, it no longer has the power to hurt." Eureka (Eureka SeveN)
    "If believing hurts that much, all you have to do is stop" Logica (Eureka SeveN)

In a dark corner, mourning some dead game show host...

My school's pretty competitive... I'm about average when compared to everyone else at school...

Actually, in my school district, it's required to be in instrumental or vocal music in 4-6 grade...I started playing in second grade, so I've been playing longer than a lot of violinists at my school...but there are those people who started at 3 *coughamecough*

Maybe I'm a devil inside...

Siggy done by the wonderful Eternal (thank you so much, I don't have Photoshop or anything like that)
    Spoiler:
    What does my username mean?
    Write it backwards
    Space between letters 3&4 and 6&7
    Capitalize letters 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7
    If you don't know who he is, look him up on Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by SBmocyarpir View Post
    My school's pretty competitive... I'm about average when compared to everyone else at school...

Actually, in my school district, it's required to be in instrumental or vocal music in 4-6 grade...I started playing in second grade, so I've been playing longer than a lot of violinists at my school...but there are those people who started at 3 *coughamecough*
    yeah my city cares for other stuff like science or math more than music. I wish it wouldn't though.
    "Don't ask for it. Go out and win it, do that and you will be rewarded." (Eureka SeveN)
    "If you don't believe in anything, it no longer has the power to hurt." Eureka (Eureka SeveN)
    "If believing hurts that much, all you have to do is stop" Logica (Eureka SeveN)

Quote Originally Posted by that1player View Post
    NICE! getting into Berlin Symphony orchestra would be awesome. I want to go to Cleveland though. It's the best one in America. I dislike how there is really no one to challenge where i live except for my friend. When you are at the top, nobody here really tries to beat you.
    Ohh..I haven't seen them..I've seen the New York Phil and the Chicago though. and I saw my neice perform for Memphis Youth Symphony. -Look them up-

The 2006 Winter Concert. I'll Never Forget It. The London Orchestra visited our univ. I'm the short person in the middle holding a violin. My friend is the even shorter person to the right holding the viola. Best Night of my Life!

Tomorrow I'm performing with a full orchestra for the first time in my life! I'm psyched! But it's a pain sitting right in front of the timpani player...you can't hear a thing sometimes...

Siggy done by the wonderful Eternal (thank you so much, I don't have Photoshop or anything like that)
    Spoiler:
    Write it backwards

Quote Originally Posted by SBmocyarpir View Post
    Tomorrow I'm performing with a full orchestra for the first time in my life! I'm psyched! But it's a pain sitting right in front of the timpani player...you can't hear a thing sometimes...
    lol yeah i know how it feels to be in the back i hate it. Just keep practicing and later you might findyourself sitting as concertmaster.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ame_Kangen View Post
    Ohh..I haven't seen them..I've seen the New York Phil and the Chicago though. and I saw my neice perform for Memphis Youth Symphony. -Look them up-
    yeah sure sorry for double posting but i couldn't get this onto the other reply.

Sooo....umm..what were we talking about? (sorry i let my mind wander...)

ummmm. about seat placements in orchestras and cities who care about music i think.

Ohhh....Any fellow concertmasters here? I was a former one for Iwakuni Symphony Orchestra but I really didn't deserve it. The city that cares most about music is defintely someplace in Germany or Italy or some European place...America is all going to rock music and all that fast beat music...ohhhh I wish Classical could get some voice...

future opwenac Member aznanimedude's Avatar

yeah i listen to classical and orchestrations mostly...well besides rock i really love orchestrations...
    like this one song...main theme for a japanese drama 1 litre of tears...that was beautiful
    too cool for a sig
    or more like my sig doesn't follow forum rules D:

<Gekkeiju> Azn can be my boyfriend if he likes.

no i didn't post

Violinist Member

Wheee!

started playing: 6?
    song: Concierto in A minor by Accolay
    orchestra: school orchestra

I wish I were concertmistress...but right now I'm just happy that I'm a first violin...I like playing the melody...

Oh yeah, welcome xwindx!

Spoiler:
    Write it backwards

Thread Information